Majors & Programs in STEM Fields*
*Many offer further specialized majors or minors
The Office of the Dean of Studies is committed to supporting the academic planning and success, academic integrity, and well-being of all students and to supporting the teaching efforts of faculty members.
The Office supports those students interested in the STEM Fields in a variety of ways:
- Assigning incoming students to pre-major advisors who are knowledgeable about STEM opportunities on campus
- Tutoring and Help Room Support for STEM Students/Courses
- Students interested in the health professions fields (Medical, Nursing, Dental, and Veterinary Schools, as well as optometry and physical therapy) work with our Associate Dean for the Pre-Health Professions Advising in regards to coursework and application process.
- Students interested in pursuing STEM opportunities beyond the pre-health fields, including graduate degrees (MS, MPH, PhD, and PsyD), the Combined Plan with SEAS and graduate STEM fellowships and scholarships work with our Associate Dean for Pre-Professional Advising and Director of Fellowships
Help Rooms & Other Resources
The Dean of Studies keeps the schedules and locations for the help rooms available, including:
- Computer science
- General chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Mathematics - see also math department site
The Empirical Reasoning Center provides help with using statistical analysis programs and data visualization