Director, HEOP and CSTEP/STEP Programs
Bernetta Parson manages the academic year and summer sessions of the collegiate opportunities programs (HEOP and CSTEP) and the pre-collegiate program (STEP). She is currently a doctoral candidate in the Higher Education program at Syracuse University, focusing her research on liberal arts college faculty. She holds a Master’s degree in Urban Affairs from Hunter College, where she studied education policy. Bernetta began her studies at LaGuardia Community College and earned a Bachelor’s degree in English from Mount Holyoke College. As a first-generation, low-income, nontraditional student, and proud women’s college alumna, she believes in the power and possibility of a liberal arts education to transform students’ lives.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director, Collegiate Programs
Elida Martinez-Gaynor is the Associate Director for Collegiate Programs within the Academic Success and Enrichment Programs at Barnard College. Serving a variety of positions within student affairs throughout the years, Elida maintains proficiency in student advising and program development namely within STEM focused initiatives for special populations. Elida earned her Bachelor's degree at John Jay College of Criminal Justice within the City University of New York and a Master's of Arts from Teacher's College at Columbia University. Most recently, Elida earned certification as a Supplemental Instruction Supervisor. In addition to her role within ASEP; Elida coordinates the college-wide peer-to-peer learning program.
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP sophomores in matters academic, career, or personal
- Co-coordinates the college-wide peer-to-peer learning program
- Contact: email@example.com, or schedule an appointment
Kevin V. Collymore
Counselor, Collegiate Programs
Kevin Collymore is the Counselor for Collegiate Programs within the Academic Success and Enrichment Programs. Kevin is a direct recipient of program initiatives, earning his B.A through the Educational Opportunity Programs of the State University of New York at Purchase College in Westchester, New York. His current work involves advising the junior-and senior-level cohorts of students and managing the student-alumnae mentoring component. Kevin is currently pursing a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs at New York University's Steinhardt. In the latter role, his goal is to expand access to students across the state of New York.
- Adviser to all HEOP/BOP & CSTEP juniors & seniors in matters academic, career, or personal.
- Facilitate developmental workshops aimed at increasing the academic success of students.
- Engage program Alumnae through workshops and programing.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment
Administrative Assistant, Collegiate Programs
As Administrative Assistant for Collegiate Programs, Gianni supports the Collegiate Programs office and serves as the first point of contact for program inquiries. She is responsible in coordinating the program's day-to-day activities including coordinating student-adviser meetings, scheduling student workshop locations, and responding to student inquiries. Gianni holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Children and Youth Studies from Brooklyn College of the City of New York. She is currently pursuing her Ed.M. in Psychological Counseling at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Provides all Administrative Support to Collegiate Programs students and staff
- Schedules appointments for Collegiate Office
- Contact person for questions regarding general HEOP admissions; CSTEP admissions
- Contact: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant, Pre Collegiate Programs
Clara provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and is the contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admissions. As a staunch advocate for educating minorities and the underserved, Clara is very proud to work with a program such as STEP. She strives to provide overall administrative support to students, parents, instructors, and staff to ensure that the program runs smoothly and efficiently. Clara’s goal is to help the STEP team increase their students’ college admission rates.
- Provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and staff
- Contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admission
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org